Everyone has different goals, depending on life style, values and definition of success. Your goals are unique to you and don’t need to look like anyone else. Goal setting can be defined as identifying something you want to accomplish and establishing measurable objective to help you achieve it. Setting goals can help you in every area of your life, from achieving finical freedom to adopting a healthy diet. This has been my case. I was always very careless with my spending and didn’t set goals and priority (like paying my bills on time or saving). I was able to break through this by setting progressive goals that allowed me small wins like saving, working out daily and eating healthy. Small wins like this helps you move on to larger achievements . Being able to set goals and achieve them have been an overwhelming feeling of joy.
Gaol setting is also vital cause it help you decide and focus on what is really important to you. Before this very moment I had no goals, no plans for the future . I lived everyday blindfolded not knowing what I really wanted. Setting effective goals lets you measure your life progress and see how far you’ve come. If you don’t set any goals , you can’t have a plan for life. Many people sometimes feel as if they’re adrift in the world. They work hard but don’t seem to get anywhere worthwhile. A key reason is cause they haven’t spent enough time setting goals on what they really want from life. AS mentioned earlier this was a big deal with me .
To set goals first consider what you want to achieve, and then commit to set smart and specific goals. Goals that motivate you to write them down to feel tangible. You always want to set goals that inspire you and not others. It is better to be at the bottom of the ladder you want to clime than to be at the top of the one you don’t. I always wanted some kind of approval from everyone, so much that I did whatever made them happy and not me. To conclude this right up, I will give you five tips on setting effective goals that I am currently working with.
- State each goal as a positive statement. Check out my blog post on being positive. Never be negative while setting a goal.
- Write goals down. This crystallizes them and give them more force.
- Set realistic goals. it is important to set goals that you can achieve. setting unrealistic goals lead to failure.
- Set priorities within your goal. When you have several goals, give each a priority. This helps you avoid feeling overwhelmed and not balanced. (check out my blog on finding balance for more on this)
- Be precise with your goals. Put your goals in dates and time so you can measure you achievement
Always remember to share your opinions in the comment section. I won’t be writing as often because I am working an a very important documentary. I believe will be one of my best works. it is the success journey of the world richest man and I am excited for you guys to read. In the main time be sure to come back for my next post on achieving goals.