Sometimes if not often I am really unfair to myself and relentlessly compare myself to other people , no matter how many times I hear how good enough I am. I get stuck in myself and allow my inner critic to completely tear apart my self-esteem until I hate myself too much. Sometimes the hardest part of the journey is simply believing you’re worthy of the trip. Most times the pressure coming from peers, family, work and society in general Is enough to make us completely broken Inside. “Why is this a problem you ask ?” well Self-hate can affect us mentally, our relationships, our life goals and education. Dealing with self-hate has been an ongoing battle for so long, maybe it has to do with my obsession with perfection. And for you struggling with self-hate like me here’s a few things to remember.
1) Nobody is doing better than you because nobody can do better than you. The reasons we struggle with insecurity is because we compare our behind the scenes circumstances with everyone’s else’s public highlight reel. Your life is about breaking your own limits and outgoing yourself to live your best life.
2) Remember happiness is allowing yourself to be perfectly OK with “what is“ rather than wishing and worrying about what is not, “what supposed to be” or “what it will not be”. You can’t control everything that happens to you you can only control the way you react to what happens.
3) When you choose to be miserable you will find plenty of reasons to be but if you choose happiness, life will give you so many reasons to be happy. You are in control of your mind and your thoughts, not the other way around.
4) Failures are really just lessons that need to be learned. No day is ever wasted when you live it with purpose and presence. Enjoy the journey when there are detours along the way. Life it self is full mistakes how we learn from this mistakes is the definition of who we are .
5) Experience is the hardest kind of teacher. It gives you the test first then the lessons afterwards. This is really a blessing if we look at it in a Christian light, means you’re going stronger and more capable of every passing day.
6) You don’t need anyone’s approval. Stop listening to what the world has to say and start listening to you. There are only a few people in the world that will be 100% honest with you and you’re one of them. You’re more than good enough you just have to own it .
7) celebrate all your wins not only the big ones but the small ones too. A small step forward is still a step forward no matter how small it is. Celebrate the small wins in anyway you can. You can’t hate your way into loving yourself. Tell yourself you’re not up to a potential won’t help you reach that potential.
You’re enough just the way you are, it will be a lot easier every time you remind yourself s of that. You may think there’s a lot of wrong with you but there’s also a lot of right with you . Remember you’re not alone and endings are also new beginnings.
Share with me the points that relate to you most in the comment section and I am always open to opinions.